Thursday, December 19, 2013

What a Crap Day

Seriously, Tuesday was tops but Wednesday can kick rocks.

Tuesday I went to work and it was a pretty normal day. I was looking forward to trivia because I hadn't been in a bit. Near the end of my shift, two girls came in and I recognized the one...turns out they were part of Miley Cyrus' twerk team, so pretty cool, plus they were super nice.

So then I get off work and go down to Pete & Shorty's which is basically "Cheers" IRL. Anyway, not only was the usually group there, but also my bro-in-law and a couple friends I haven't seen in a while. It was great and we all got properly drunk together.

Came home and had a good hang out with my man and his bro, passed out and thought of the upcoming days.

So insert a small hiccup: When I got home from the bar, I noticed that my battery light was on in my car. Thought to myself, alright, just pop over to Autozone before work and get this sorted out.


Nope.

So I go and they test things and the battery is fine and then the guy looks over at the other side of the car and bam, "Oh hey, figured out what happened...one of your belts shredded!" Oh cool, yea that's swell.

Bought a belt. Called off work. Felt sick.

OH and to top this, when I originally walked out to go to the store I looked at the side yard and realized..

That really, SOMEONE HAD COME UP IN MY YARD AND STOLE MY BIKE

WTF. Seriously, it didn't even have working tires. DUDE FUCK YOU.

Back to my belts.....my man said he'd fix it, so I wasn't worried. But to be honest I've done a number on my poor car and treated it like an old rubbish bin. Working on this car was a complete nightmare. First the belt didn't fit, got new belts, oops turns out the first one was right, great. Oi! Broke a bolt cause it had rusted so bad. Oh wait, I work at 8 in the am tomorrow, now we both have to get up in the dark dawn. Just fab, really.

Quick side note, not only did some wank steal my damn bike, but we have this mannequin out front tied to our palm tree. It was a halloween prop from two seasons ago, we kept it up, cause a) we're dark and weird and b) whose going to burgle a home with a bloody dummy kept up year round? Well I guess we were wrong in the latter because whomever stole my bike also stole the dummy's head.

I'm sorry what? Who are you coming into my yard? You've got some sort of message?! Got one for you: Stay off my property, you loser scum!

Yea so ok, woke up way early and my man graciously took me to work and in the midst of having his own work to go to, promised to fix up my poor rubbish car.

Fast forward to end of day and my best friend and sister picked me up and we got to have a nice catch up hang while waiting to see if my man could macguyver a way for my car to drive again. Spoiler alert: he did! Yay!

I still have to take it in, it sounds like a train when driving. I really need a new car, I didn't expect thinking about buying one at Christmas.

I haven't even gotten all my shopping done, I don't know what to make for dessert at my bro-in law's, I got a card from my parents and I wish I hadn't (that is a story for another day), and it just feels like this year was a blur and a half.

Blah.

Keep on, keepin' on,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment