Thursday, December 5, 2013

Oh Those Spirits Are Coming 'Round Again!

Hello, Christmas. Welcome back. You came a bit earlier than I had wanted....I saw too many evergreen branches before Halloween had left! But now here in December, now that I've played with ghosties and had my fill of turkey and pumpkin pie, now I find myself hugging trees and drinking eggnog and thinking about gifts! I work in retail so really I get a bit Scroogy during the first days of Christmas rearing its tinseled head. But then I think of the trees and the lights and the family time and the smells of the kitchen......and I, I just get all wrapped up in it. (Ha!)

Today I spent a lovely evening with lovely girls that because of schedules we don't get to hang out as much as we'd like to. We laughed and swapped stories and remembered to motivated ourselves towards our dream lives. I feel like we will grow old and have our families and still laugh and swap stories and it will still be lovely.

I like Christmas and I like that it brings people together. All the parties and gatherings and memories to smile and talk about in future Christmas parties. I suppose, even working in the craziness, you get older and you remember what's important. And you think about how happy it makes you, and well, you just end up loving it.


Keep on keepin' on,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment