Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday Thoughts

Today was a quite easy work day and I had about a million and one thoughts whilst there. Like my brain just kept spinning and thinking of things to do and say and mostly write.

So here I go, writing. I figured I would actually hold tight to one of my goals in this life and blog more. I even set an alarm! And it was an alarm that I couldn't snooze like the one for waking up!

I thought about the dreams I have about really writing a book. And really being published. That would be awesome. Who knows what can happen in a lifetime. I wasn't always bent on being a writer. I wanted to be a marine biologist for the longest, I even went to Eckerd College for a semester. And while there thought I would enjoy anthropology better. Then a threw a wrench in my own plans and ended up back home looking for a job. Found retail and have been in that game for 9 years now. I'm great at it, I can climb up all the ladders within my current company, and only a few years ago did I really consider writing as a career path.
I didn't do anything with my dream for a while and now that I am doing something, (this blog baby) I know that I could be doing more. Thing is I'm still not sure how to really get out and get going.

I know that not everyone knows what to do in the early adult years and so I feel ok in my confusion...but I think I'd be really happy if I stopped doubting myself and just wrote a book, a short story, something! Get that published and see where it takes me.

Until then, I'll write here in my internet diary.

Keep on, keepin' on,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment